Friday 8 November 2013

'MIRROR MIRROR' - The Stamping Chef - New Release.

Welcome to this weeks new release from The Staming Chef.


*** This is 'Mirror Mirror' and is available in the 'New Release' section of The Stamping Chef store with 20% off for this weekend only. 
click HERE to go direct to the stores New Releases.*** 


Here is my creation.


I coloured the image in using ProMarkers. I wanted to keep the colour palette quite 'sweet' so chose to work with pinks.


After I had coloured the image, I worked on the background. I cut a piece of card slightly bigger than the image and embossed it using a swirl pattern embossing folder. I then inked over it using distress inks and an inking brush to create a softer look. 


I then cut out the face area from the frame, inked the background with Distress Ink and stuck it flat to the embossed background. I then stuck the frame part back over the top with double layered foam pads to create a raised effect. I wanted the image to have the effect of someone looking at someone, looking in a mirror. (If that makes any sense, ha ha?)


I wanted the raised frame to be effective and didn't want to take the focus off it by adding lots of other embellishments to the card. So I decided not to add any 'extras' and decided to use a scalloped edge card rather than a straight edge card. I added some inking around the edge of the scalloped card before adhering the embossed background and main image.


Ingredients:
* ProMarkers
* Victorian Velvet, Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink
* Swirl embossing folder
* Scalloped edge card blank
* Foam Pads

Thanks for having a toot - feel free to leave a comment - always appreciated. Toodles. 

*** You can also click HERE to go direct to The Stamping Chef Store and have a look at the amazing selection of fun quirky designs available.***

Have a look at The Stamping Chef Facebook Page @ 
www.facebook.com/TheStampingChef and join in with The challenges @ www.facebook.com/groups/TSCRecipes/

No comments:

Post a Comment