Sunday 3 November 2013

'KEEP CALM AND CRAFT' & a BIG happy birthday to The Stamping Chef!!!

HAPPY, HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY TO THE STAMPING
CHEF!!!! 

To celebrate this fabulous occasion we have some amazing goodies planned for you over at the blog

And welcome to November's Challenge over at TSC Recipes. The image is free for one whole week but you MUST be a member of The Stamping Chef Recipes Facebook group to join in. Click on the link above to go there direct. You have until 8th November 12pm CET to request the image for free, after the date above, it will be available in the store.

This weeks a-maz-ing image is 'Keep Calm & Craft'. It was so much fun to have this image to play with as I think we all need one of these in our craft room - and every other room in the house!!!

And here it is.... this is my creation using 'Keep Calm & Craft'.



Now, how many 'Keep Calm...' phrases have we seen over the past few months? But how many have been as fabulous as this!!!!???? 
This is such a fun, playful image that every crafter will love!!


To do my creation, I chose my fav colour to work with.... purple! I am definitely a purple freak... 

I coloured the image in using ProMarkers, using different shades of purples in my collection then bringing in a couple of pinks.


I cut out the coloured image and mounted it on to black and cut round it. 

I used my DYMO embossing machine to write the phrase "Journey of a Lifetime" which I though was quite fitting as that is what crafting is - to me and I presume a lot of other crafters out there, a journey.... sometimes the best journey, the journey of a lifetime.... 


I then chose map-themed paper to co-ordinate with the phrase then layered on to a piece of purple textured card.

I wanted to add more words to describe how I feel when crafting. I chose to use Tim Holtz Adage Tickets. I first planned to only use a couple, but when I read them all, each one had a true meaning and a place on my creation.
I think I have come across every feeling on these tickets during one time or another whilst crafting - live, hope, dream, wish, giggle, play.......


To finish, I added my fav embellishments, an assortment of buttons and ribbons.




Ingredients:
* ProMarkers -
blossom, amethyst, lilac, lavender, heather, sorbet, rose pink, dusky rose, pastel pink.
* Tim Holtz Adage Tickets
* buttons
* ribbons
* assortment of paper/card 

Thank you so much for looking - please leave a comment if you wish, all comments are kindly received.
Hope you come back soon. Toodles for now xxx


I would like to enter my creation in to the following challenges.









1 comment:

  1. Just love this little project and yes, there is nothing a bit of crafting can't fix.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete