Wednesday 27 November 2013

Artful Times Challenge Blog - lilac & silver - with a wintery stamp

Well, I have found this amazing challenge blog with fabulous arty challenges called "Artful Times."

Click on the pic below to go to the AT challenge blog. 



This week, the challenge was lilac and silver - with a wintery stamp. A perfect challenge for me as many of you know I am addicted to the colour purple!

Here is my challenge entry. 



I stamped the Stag stamp on to lilac card using black ink and made a mask of the same stamp. 




I covered the stamped image with the mask then stamped the rest of the background with the Crackleglaze stamp using clear embossing ink.
I used lilac shimmer embossing powder and heated it.





I went round the edges with distress ink.

I then layered four pieces of strong tin foil and die cut it using the Foliage Spellbinders die to create the fallen twigs.




I tore along the top edge of the paper, punched two holes and threaded wide, lilac, satin ribbon and tied knots in each end.




Ingredients: 
* Crafters Companion Coredinations lilac card.
* Indigoblu 'Crackleglaze background' stamp
* Indigoblu 'Stag Cliffhanger' stamp
* WOW lilac shimmer embossing powder
* Foliage Spellbinders die
* Jet black Archival ink
* Dusty Concord Distress Ink

I would also like to enter this creation in to the following challenges:
Visible Image - make it sparkle.


Thanks for popping by, feel free to leave me a comment. Lis xxx 

6 comments:

  1. Love that scene with the stag and tree. The colours on the background are gorgeous too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really have put a lot of thought into making your wonderful tag :)
    Von ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. isnt that fabulous, love the colour and the ripped top to the tag thanks for joining in the challenge at Visible image x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful tag, love the colours, unfortunately you can't enter the 'make it sparkle' challenge because you haven't used a visible image stamp, sorry :-/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tag and the crackle glaze background is fabulous

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an unusual shape for your tag - very modern. Love the stamp you used and the crackle.
    Sorry I am late in commenting, been mega busy and then went away and came back with a severe infection.
    Hugs, Neet

    ReplyDelete