Friday 29 November 2013

Digitally Sweet - challenge #64

Another week over at Digitally Sweet and I've gotta say..... I'm loving it!!

Look at this beautiful image I had the chance to work with this week from Lunagirl.com






Stunning..... just breathtaking!
I was staring at it for an age before I decided what I wanted to do with it.

For this week challenge, we had an inspiration photo to work from. 




Here is my creation using this beautiful image.



First I wanted to create a background using the wooden area in the background of the photo as inspiration. I chose the crackleglaze background stamp from Indigoblu. 



I randomly stamped all over the card with clear embossing ink then sprinkled gold embossing powder over the top and heated it. (I have found the gold embossing powder to be quite granulated rather than a pure powder, so it seems to give a more raised texture than other colours)





I added the photo to the centre of the card after inking round the edges with Distress Ink.
I added some bronze lace to the right hand edge of the photo.




I took 2 pieces of satin ribbon and one glittered piece of ribbon and loosely plaited it to correspond with the blue in the girls hair. 



I took a long length of wide pink satin ribbon to mimic the girls dress. I decided to sew it on rather than sick it.



I started at the top right and stitched it in sections but curved it as I went to create a flowing ribbon along the top and down the side.



I added ivy leaves in and around the flowing pink ribbon.



To finish, I added peacock coloured gems to mimic the peacock in the photo and to accent the pink and blue ribbon.




Ingredients:
* Gorgeous photograph from Lunagirl.com
* Ribbon selection
* Silk ivy leaves
* Lace fabric
* Gems
* Distress Ink

Thanks for stopping by - hope you love this creation as much as I do. Toodles for now. Lis xxx 

1 comment: