Monday 26 August 2013

Kenny K challenge - TTPHC

This weeks Through The Purple Haze blog challenge was funky boys and girls provided by the amazing NYC artist, Kenny K.

KennyK shop badge

I was given the funky skater boy image. I coloured him in using ProMarkers. I decided the character had to be bright and colourful to fit with the theme.


I used bright orange, spice and honeycomb for the t-shirt and sky blue, china blue and duck egg for the jeans.


I coloured the helmet in with apple, lime zest, pear green and moss.


The skateboard was coloured in with indigo blue, denim blue and china blue. The wheels with bright orange and honeycomb.


I matted the image on to light blue paper and chose a checkered green/blue background paper.

I die cut two Spellbinders tags and angled them, stamped the sentiment and inked around the edges with peeled paint distress ink.


I then added a length of silver ball chain to the edge and added a bronze corner brad at an angle.

This challenge was definitely the most difficult challenge I have ever done. 
I think, as many crafters do, boy or man cards are so difficult. As with a female card, loads of different embellishments can be added to decorate the card - flowers, ribbons, pearls, diamonds, etc.....
With a boy/mans card....... I'm stuck!!!

I really enjoyed colouring the image, but then I came to a complete halt. After a day of panic and rummaging through my mega room of stash, I found a few things that were appropriate. 

Kenny K is an amazing artist and this image was so cool to work with, but I think I may opt for funky girly image next time!




9 comments:

  1. Your funky boy image is fantastic!! You did a great job with that cute image and I love your coloring of the image! And I love how you used the tickets for your sentiment!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darcy. Boy cards are defo a tuffy for me. Got there in the end!

      Delete
  2. Great funky boy card! I too am always stuck for boy/men's cards! You did great, it looks wonderful!
    Eithne
    www.cardroomdelights.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card just makes me smile....at his face...so well done...lovely

    Fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun male image and design! One of my nephews is really into skating - this is a great idea for a card for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pia. It is a really cool image! I find it difficult sometimes with male cards but this one is great for the kids/teens.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Pia. It is a really cool image! I find it difficult sometimes with male cards but this one is great for the kids/teens.

      Delete