Monday 12 August 2013

My 1st Design Team Challenge!!

My first challenge for Through The Purple Haze Challenges blog as a Design Team member is here!!!!

I have been so excited to post this on my blog but had to wait until the challenge launches on the TTPHC blog. 
So here it is, my first DT challenge.


I was so nervous to receive my first challenge but was pleased when I saw the beautiful image from Floppy Latte called 'flowers and butterflies'. 

I decided to use Pro Markers to colour the image choosing a colour palette of pinks, purples and greens.


I have been concentrating on my colouring skills over the past few months and think this challenge was perfect to express what I have learned. 

After colouring the image, I added a smidge of glitter on the butterfly wings (butterflies have to have some glitter don't they?)and on the center of the flower.


I matted and layered on to plain green card, leaf print paper and purple card then laid it flat on to a 8 X 8 card blank.

I added a bow made from green organza ribbon and placed a big button, then small button in the center.


I added a selection of different sizes and shades of green buttons to the top right hand corner to mirror the ones on the bow.


I really enjoyed creating my first challenge as a Design Team member for TTPHC team - they are a fantastic and helpful bunch. 
I hope you like it too, all your comments mean so much.






Thanks for looking - ta ta for now. 


Pro Markers: dusky rose, pastel pink, dusky pink and coral. Amethyst and lavender. Lime green, pear green and apple.
Card: Neenah smooth
Quick glue pen.
Glitter: My Craft Studio 
Ribbon and buttons: from my own stash.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa lovely card for your debut...we are glad to have you on board. Well done hun. Anita DT TTPHC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful i just love purples and lilacs so just adore this card...well done.

    fiona DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Lisa! And so happy you are part of our team!!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete