Monday 12 August 2013

Wedding cake

Wedding card - July 2013
This is a card I created for my cousin M and his wife L wedding in July 2013.





I started with embossing a piece of Crafters Companion Neenah smooth card and inking with distress inks.



I cut a frame out off a sheet of Kanban cream textured card using a Spellbinders die. 
I used the Kanban wedding cake stamp, stamped with clear embossing ink and heat embossed using gold 'Heat it up' powder. 
With the card having lots of texture, it made the embossing powder have extra dimension. 



I mounted the frame on to gold mirror card, which I sanded to give a more muted shine, using foam pads. 



I then mounted on to the embossed background. 
I matted it on to a piece of Crafters Companion Centura Pearl card and put it on to a 8 X 8 card blank.

I tied a knot in a length of organza ribbon and attached it at the bottom of the card.



I hope you like it.

To create this project I used:
Crafters Companion Centura Pearl card and Neenah smooth card.
Cuttlebug embossing folder and Cuttlebug
Spellbinders die
Kanban Cream textured card 
Kanban Wedding cake stamp
'Heat it up!' gold embossing powder
Gold Mirror card
Organza ribbon
'Ink it up!' Clear embossing ink
Sandpaper
8 X 8 card blank 
Glue

No comments:

Post a Comment