Monday 19 August 2013

'Dreaming' with Crafts and Me...

Well, I've been a member of the Design Team for Through The Purple Haze Challenges blog for just over two weeks now and I've got to say.... I'm lovin' it. 
Everyone on the team has been so supportive and the people who are entering their creations to the weekly challenges are absolutely amazing!! 

So... here is my second challenge.



This weeks challenge was an image called 'Dreaming' and was supplied by Crafts and Me.
When I saw this image I was very pleased as I am a huge fan of oldie-worldy black and white photographs. I had hundreds of ideas whirling in my head, I wanted to use flowers, dies, add a sentiment.... 

However, there was a twist to this weeks challenge. 

It was a 'bingo' challenge. 

The 'bingo' challenge consists of 9 squares, each square having a different craft item or embellishment. The idea is to choose 3 squares to make a line, as in 'bingo', and use the items on the project.

For this challenge, the 3 items from the 'bingo' line I had chosen to include was three papers, ribbon and pearls.



I wanted to stick to the colours in the photograph, black, white, grey and silver.

I started by raiding my ribbon jars - and trust me there are a few! Because of the delicacy of this image, I decided to use lace ribbons and stick to creams and whites. I had just bought some beautiful black organza ribbon a few days ago and decided this would be perfect for this project.




For the three papers, I chose a silver grey embossed paper, glossy black card and thick white embossed card. I matted and layered with the silver grey and the black with a 0.5cm edge, then layered it on to the white. 



I wanted to create a border using lines of the different lace ribbon. I started by sticking the black ribbon down the side creating ruffles every half centimeter but leaving a longer tail at the top and bottom of the page. 


I decided to do the same on the other side with the ruffles going horizontal rather than vertical. I cut lengths of lace and stuck each piece down, leaving a couple of gaps to add pearls.



I added a white organza ribbon bow in the bottom corner, added two pearl hat pins and a large silver pearl to the center. 




I used Kanban black and white pearls to finish the project. 

I loved taking part in this challenge, although it was difficult only being able to use 3 craft items/embellishments. 
But fortunately, the items I chose are definitely on my list of top ten crafty bits I love to use - black and white photographs, ribbons and pearls.

Thanks for looking.
Hope to see you all again soon. Toodle Pip.


** P.S. Are you an experienced crafter or just starting out?  Why don't you take a look at our blog and join in with our weekly challenges? Anybody can join in.
We have some fab prizes up for grabs. 
Just click on the Through The Purple Haze Challenges blog link at the top of my blog. 

Not a blogger???   
You can also join in on our Through The Purple Haze Challenges Facebook Group. Just click on the Facebook link at the top of my blog.

Hope to see you there. ** 


7 comments:

  1. Lisa its just lovely...in every way...well done you

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful vintage card, Lisa! I just love it! And we are so lucky to have you on our team!!!
    Hugs
    Darcy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Liza. I adore vintage creations
    Inky hugs Joan
    http://stampinslippers-lakeslady.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete