Monday 26 August 2013

The Stamping Chef - Derby challenge

This was such a fun, cool challenge to participate in. The image was from The Stamping Chef Recipes Facebook group. 



This was a fantastic image to play with. I wanted to use a funky colour palette to work with to match the cheeky personality of the character.
I chose to colour in the image with ProMarkers using purples and electric blues.


I started with the hair. I used lavender, lilac and amethyst ProMarkers with a touch of slate. Then used the same colours for the skates.

I used duck egg, sky blue, cornflower and china blue for the character outfit, socks and helmet.

I wanted to colour in the skin with light colours to show the intensity of the characters hair and outfit.
I used ivory, vanilla, blush, dusky pink for the skin and poppy, coral and rose pink for the mouth.

I inked around the image Dusty Concord and Broken China Distress Inks. Then matted on to patterned purple paper then layered on to bright blue card. I then mounted it on to purple Core-dinations card.


I stamped the Kanban sentiment 'get ready to rock' on to the bright blue paper, matted it on to the purple core-dinations card and mounted it on purple glitter card.

I added a gold flourish circle with a purple resin rose and attached it to the top left. I tied a length of glitter ribbon to a gold heart charm and attached it using glue gel.


This was a wicked image to work with. I absolutely loved colouring this image. 
The last time I entered a challenge from The Stamping Chef I said I would be back, and here it is!!!

I think I am definitely hooked!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment