Tuesday 13 August 2013

Rings & Hearts

Wedding card #2

This is another wedding card for my cousin M and his wife L which I made on request from my mum.

I love my Kanban wedding cake stamp (used on the previous post) but as both of these cards were intended for the same couple, I had to create something different. 

This is my creation.



I started with stamping the Kanban wedding rings stamp on to a piece of Crafters Companion Core-dinations gold/tan card. I created a mask and stamped a two hearts at either side of the rings.
I shaded the hearts using 'Ink it up!' red ink and the rings with 'Ink it up!' gold ink and a waterbrush.



I then cut the design out using a Spellbinders die and die cut the next size die up from the same Spellbinders set using gold mirror card.
I attached the gold/tan frame on to the mirror card using foam pads.
I attached it on to Neenah smooth white card then matted and layered on to the gold/tan textured card then gold mirror card. I put it on to an 8 X 8 card blank.



I stamped the sentiment on to white card (Neenah) and heat embossed it using 'Heat it up!' gold embossing powder. Again, matting and layering on to the gold/tan card and gold mirror card.

I tied a large double bow using white organza ribbon and attached it to the bottom center of the card, then added a gold heart gem.

I quite enjoyed making this card as I usually go straight for the Kanban wedding cake stamp, as it is so pretty. I decided to try something different with adding the ink using it as a painting medium. 

Hope you like it.... thanks for looking.

Products used to make this card:
Crafters Companion Core-dinations card and Neenah smooth card.
Gold mirror card
Ink it up! black, red and gold ink
Heat it up! gold embossing powder
White organza ribbon
Gold heart gem








2 comments: