Sunday 18 August 2013

The Stamping Chef Facebook challenge.

This weeks challenge on The Stamping Chef Recipes Facebook page (TSC Recipes) was 'Lift Off!'



They have a fabulous offer on the challenge image each week. It's free if you are playing along, for a 24 hour period then available in store at a lower price.

I decided my 'Lift Off!' rocket would be a girly rocket so I decided my colour palette would be pinks, purples and oranges.


I coloured in the image with Promarkers.

I added some dots with a quickie glue pen on the background to create stars and on the window of the rocket to create a glimmer, then sprinkled clear embossing powder over the top, waited for it to dry then heated it with a heat gun.



I inked the background with Broken China and Chipped Sapphire distress inks.


I stamped the sentiment 'Have A Blast!' with individual alphabet stamps and inked them with the same distress inks. 

I matted the image and the sentiment on to black gloss card then layered it on to blue glitter card.


This was the first challenge I had taken part in on The Stamping Chef Recipes Facebook Page. But, I think I will definitely be coming back again.

Thanks for looking.

Products used:
Promarkers - 
pastel pink
blossom
rose pink
dusky pink
coral
lavender
lilac
amethyst
honeycomb
cool grey 4
slate
sky blue
china blue
forest green
ruby red
poppy red
canary yellow
mustard

Distress Inks-
broken china
chipped sapphire

Quickie Glue pen
Clear embossing powder
Individual alphabet stamps
Archival jet black ink
Glue gel




1 comment:

  1. Wow, I've just had a look at the TSC recipes facebook page and although my card didn't win, it did get showcased on The Stamping Chef website.
    My first challenge with TSC. Woooowww!!

    ReplyDelete