Wednesday 14 August 2013

'New Home'

New Home card - April 2013


This is a card I created for my bestie, K and her family who was moving in to a new house.
I love, love, love the Art Houses stamp set from Creative Expressions - designed by Sam Poole. The are so funky and have so much detail, yet stamp so crisp.

My friend is a bit grungy, listens to weird music and well, is generally - different to the norm in every single way, but she is ace!!

I created this card with a grungy, distress feel, using torn papers and paint smudges.



I started by stamping the image using black Archival Ink on to Neenah Smooth card. When inking up the stamp, I missed areas to give it a aged, distress look. I tore around the edges of the image then inked the background with green ink.



I layered it on to a book page which I smudged with white paint, again, to create a distressed look. I then layered it on to a square of blue 'checked' paper. 

      I added the key and corner brads... 




           and added 3 paper roses. 



I inked the roses with gold ink then stamped the 'new' and 'home' with individual alphabet stamps using gold ink then black ink over the top. 
I then attached it to a Kraft card blank.




This is the kind of card I love to make, being able to get a bit inky and bring in the distress, aged look... Love it!

Hope you love it too. 
Thanks for looking.

Products used to make this card:
Sam Poole Art Houses stamp set
Neenah smooth card from Crafters Companion
Black Archival Ink
Green 'Ink it up!' ink pad
Gold 'Ink it up!' ink pad
Bronze corner brad
Silver key brad
Paper flowers
Book page
Background paper
Kraft card blank
Individual alphabet stamp set

No comments:

Post a Comment