Sunday 1 September 2013

The Stamping Chef - 'Good Girl' challenge.

This weeks challenge on The Stamping Chef recipies Facebook page was the fabulous image titled 'Good Girl' which I think this girl is anything but!.... 
As we all know, these are cheeky and fun images from TSC. 
Have a look at the blog..... 



It was another cool image from TSC which I really enjoyed colouring and creating a bright matching background for.




I started colouring the image with ProMarkers, using bright orange, honeycomb and cinnamon for the hair. 


I wanted the 'good girl' to have a bright outfit so decided on a clash of red and blue. I used poppy and ruby for the boots and top with a hint of maroon, and ruby with cool grey 4 for the glasses. I used duck egg, sky blue and cornflower for the skirt and braces. 


To colour the skin, I used ivory, blush, dusky pink and coral along with rose pink, ruby and pastel pink for the tattoos. 

I cut round the image and mounted it on blue texture-printed card with glue gel so it stood from the page. I then layered it on to some orange sparkly glossy card then on to orange textured card. I layered it on to a piece of cupcake scribble paper to mirror the tattoos on the image.


I stamped the sentiment using individual alphabet stamps in a random style to add a bit of a rebel feel. I then stamped a cupcake and bow on either side of the sentiment to reflect the paper and tattoos on the image. I inked around the edges with victorian velvet distress ink. 
I punched out two flowers in light blue textured card and two in dark blue textured card, layered them then attached a sparkly orange brad in the centre.


Again, and I have said this every week after a challenge from TSC, I loved doing this challenge. I think my colouring skills are really coming along and my confidence with my colouring is definitely growing and I believe it is due to these fabulous images from TSC. 

I will be there again next week!!


Thanks for looking. Any comments gratefully received. 

Toodle pip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment