Monday 9 September 2013

The Stamping Chef - 'Put a ring on it'

This weeks challenge over at The Stamping Chef was 'put a ring on it' A wedding theme image including a bride, some roses and huuggggeee diamond! 



Here is my finished design.



I started by colouring in the image with Promarkers. I started as I generally tend to do by colouring the hair and skin, if these two things arn't right, the whole image tends not to look right. 



I originally coloured the dress in with pink tones as I didn't want it to be white, along with the veil and gloves but then decided it needed something different. There is NO WAY this girl would wear a plain wedding dress. It needed something wow adding to it..... glitter!




I covered the whole of the dress, gloves and veil with a quickie glue pen and added My Craft Studio Extra Fine Crystal Glitter. It instantly made the dress stand out but not in a obvious over-the-top way.

I then coloured in the roses using Poppy, Ruby and Maroon. And Apple, Pear Green and Forest Green for the leaf in the center. 



I continued to colour in the ring and diamond and the crown.
I added a touch of glitter to the roses, ring and crown.

I wanted the main image to stand out so cut a oval frame from a Spellbinders die using rainbow shimmer card. 

I needed a sentiment on the card and wanted to use something different than... on you wedding day or congratulations. So chose "wishing you a day that sparkles" which I think is very in keeping with the dress.



I covered a 8 X 8 card blank with silvery white embossed paper, I inked around the edges of the sentiment with Victorian Velvet Distress ink and mounted the sentiment on to a smaller Spellbinders die cut rainbow shimmer frame with foam pads.
I attached the main image using foam pads to raise it from the frame. 
I then tided a quadrupled bow with a length of red satin edged organza ribbon and attached it above the sentiment. To finish I added three silver crystal gems to the top and bottom of the sentiment panel.



Ingredients: 
*Promarkers
apple, pear green, forest green, lime green, - leaf and the eyes. 
poppy, ruby, maroon - roses.
ivory, dusky pink, blush - skin.
buttercup, vanilla, mustard, sandstone - hair.
dusky pink, rose pink, blossom - dress, gloves and veil.
*Quick glue pen
*MCS extra fine crystal glitter
*foam pads
*card stock

I think this is my favourite completed card I have done from The Stamping Chef challenges so far. I think my colouring in this project is quite special, especially on the roses, as I was trying to work with tones rather than colour. 

Next weeks challenge at The Stamping Chef is going to be amazing. TSC is teaming up with Simply Betty Stamps again for a Halloween special - Vamps V's Cool Chicks.

I have already got my images and I'm ready to play, have you??? Check out The Stamping Chef blog for more info here.

Thanks for popping by, make my day and leave me a comment. Toodles.


I would like to submit this card in to the following challenges:

Glitter n Sparkle Challenge Blog - ADD A BOW http://glitternsparklechallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Hobby Cutz Challenges - ANYTHING GOES http://hobbycutzchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/

One Stitch At A Time - CHALLENGE #180 USE A DIGI http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

17 comments:

  1. There'll be a sparkle in the Groom's eye too as he envisages his bride wearing a dress like the beutiful one you have created for this card Lisa. Red roses for love, a ring to 'die for' and such an original (and lovely) sentiment = one very special wedding card. Good luck in our challenge this week. Ingrid xx (OSAAT Team)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love everything about this card Lisa, fun digi and you are right, she wouldn't wear plain white :) Adding the fine glitter has worked so well and with you perfect sentiment you have created a card to be cherished by the very lucky recipient :) Good luck in this weeks OSAAT challenge and hope to see you back again soon. Hugs Jane OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the sparkle. Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon. Good Luck in the challenge!!!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely,Fab image and great colours. thanks for sharing with us at glitternsparkle . Hugs trisha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card thanks for sharing with glitter n sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card
    Thank you for joining us at Hobbycutz this time
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT this week. Good Luck!!
    Hugs Nataliya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is too fun! Love all the sparkle; those frames are such a nice touch. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete