Tuesday 1 July 2014

Oak House Studio - "Something Blue" creations

Hi guys, well although the challenge for Oak House Studio finished yesterday, I didn't have chance to blog all my creations.... dumb I know.... So I though I would share them now. 

The new challenge will be upon us shortly and we also have the "One Stamp Challenge" coming up in July which is an amazing challenge to take part in. You can find out more details on facebook here. Or find out about the previous "One Stamp" challenge from September 2013 here.

So, back to my creations for the "Something Blue" challenge...



#1 



For this creation I used some cardboard as a base. I love using cardboard to work with to create instant texture. I peeled away the top layer of cardboard on some areas to expose the texture. I applied some homemade texture paste through a stencil to the area of the cardboard that wasn't stripped. I inked the background with Oak House Studio Ink in a Bottle sprays. For the tag, I stamped the Thoresby Background Square - Positive stamp at the top and bottom using Oak House Studio Colour Chemistry Ink. I stamped butterflies from the Oak House Studio Triple Butterfly Set on to the tag then stamped a couple more on to card and cut out. I added some white cord around the bottom and threaded some through the top to hang. 




#2



For this creation, I cut an extra large tag from card and applied homemade texture paste through a stencil. I did the same on a smaller tag. I inked both with Oak House Studio Colour Chemistry Ink. I inked tore cardboard pieces and added them to the large tag. I stamped the butterfly from the Triple Butterfly Stamp set in to air dry clay then inked it to create a tile. I added the sentiment from the same stamp set to the smaller tag. 




#3



I created the background by stamping the Thoresby Background Square - Positive stamp 9 times in various shades of blue ink from Oak House Studio Colour Chemistry ink pads. I crumbled a piece of card and coloured it with the ink. I stamped the same stamp on to a tag using clear ink then embossed it using clear embossing powder and inked over the top of it. I coloured some ribbon using Oak House Studio Ink in a Bottle spray and created a ruffle down the edge. 




#4



For this creation I used the Oak House studio Double Daisy stamp set. I love this stamp set as it has a positive and negative version of the daisy which is great to create fabulous effects. 
I stamped both stamps around a piece of card with Oak House studio Colour Chemistry ink and inked around the edge of the card. I stamped the Bloom sentiment on to spare card with the ink and used foam pads to raise it from the background.  


All the products I used are available on the website

Thanks for popping by, although I do apologise for being a bit late....

Toodles for now....


No comments:

Post a Comment