Saturday 19 July 2014

Totally Gorjuss #245 - "butterflies"

Hello and welcome to a new challenge at Totally Gorjuss. This weeks challenge is all about "butterflies". 
As we know, I am a butterfly addict!!! I love butterflies and butterfly stamps. I just seem to be drawn to them and have to have them even though I know I have too many... Or can we never have too many??? mmmmmmm.... 

You can check out the challenge on the blog here. 

Here is what I created for the challenge...





I used two heart grey board hearts as a base. They can be used as a double heart, laying one inside the other for a snug fit or separately as a hanging piece. I chose to create a double heart hanging for this piece. 

First, I applied a couple of layers of gesso to the hearts then coloured them with Ink in a Bottle ink sprays from Oak House Studio. I chose purples and a smidge of blue as my colour pallet. 

I stamped the hearts with my fav IndigoBlu background stamps - Itsy Bitsy Backgrounds. I love these to create little bits of texture, they are such cool patterns and great to fill in little spaces. 

I also used the Oak House studio sprays to colour some book pages then dry rushed gesso over the top to create a white wash. 
I tore the book pages up and wrapped them around the hearts in random places. 

I stamped the butterflies from the IndigoBlu Wild Meadow stamp set on to white card using black ink and heat embossed it using clear embossing powder. I cut them out and sprayed them with the ink sprays then adhered them on to the hearts. 










Thanks for popping by today, leave a crafty comment if you wish. Toodles for now...




No comments:

Post a Comment