Saturday 28 December 2013

Artful Times... missed post...

Well, Christmas is over for another year. Toys are everywhere and the Kiddies are overloaded with chocolate. Back to reality, well maybe not for another week or so.
But here is something I made a couple of weeks ago. I initially created it for the Artful Times Challenge Blog - but then missed the post date for the challenge.... yep I'm blaming the Christmas rush, but I like it anyway so I'm blogging!!!



The Challenge was "Diecuts and Punches" so I decided to use a selection of both.




First, I played around making a background. I wiped over a piece of card with Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo Distress Inks, added a bit of Crushed Olive DI and pounded it with a ink applicator brush to create a textured 
background. 



I played around with a selection of my punches. I used the ribbon punch and threaded through green ribbon. And used a selection of X-cut punches on different papers. 



I stamped the Vintage Santa stamp from Visible Image on to white card and cut it out using a Spellbinders die and inked around the edges. 



I also used a Spellbinders die to cut the background panel. For this, I used Core'dinations card and sanded it back to create a distressed background. 



I used another Spellbinders die to cut out the floral sprig from parchment paper. 



I layered up all the pieces on to the inked background and slotted in the different punched pieces. 




What I used...

* Distress Inks - Vinatge Photo, Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint
* Selection of punches
* Selection of Spellbinders Dies
* Ribbon
* Parchment paper

I would like to enter this creation in to the following challenges....

* Visible Image - December Challenge  

5 comments:

  1. Another fabulous make. Love the colours used in this one. Keep them coming. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! I love all the fabulous details; the background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for entering the Visible Image Challenge, love the Vintage santa & Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww the vinatges santa looks fab on this, the colour is perfect, thanks for joining in at Visible Image x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous design with all the punching. Love the vintage feel.
    {I would love you to take part in my 130,000 Page View Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Wishing you a wonderful 2014 and may it be all you want it to be. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete