Thursday 2 January 2014

Imagine... Dream... Inspire...

I love a good background stamp. And I love a canvas frame. So why not put the two together? Well, that is exactly what I did when my new Visible Image stamps arrived a few weeks ago. 
I decided to play around with all the different background stamps and wanted to build up layers and textures just by using a selection of stamps, a bit of fabric and a blank canvas.

Here is what I came up with....



I painted the canvas with a pebble coloured emulsion paint then sanded it really well.




I stamped the Visible Image 'brick wall' stamp on the edges of the canvas in blue ink then added some different fabrics to create texture.






I used a lace ribbon , which I dyed using the blue ink, some netting on the opposite side and some hessian. 

I then used the Visible Image 'ripped fishnet' stamp around the edges and heat embossed it using silver powder. Which came up great! Sometimes when using embossing powder on canvas it alters the detail because of the texture of the canvas, but the detail of this stamp is amazing. 



I then used the 'Imagine, Dream, Inspire' Visible Image stamp and off centered it using Vintage Photo Distress Ink.



In the bottom left corner I used the 'live your dreams' stamp and then used my Dymo embossing machine to spell the words and add them over the top.




To finish, I added some flowers and buttons around the frame.




I really enjoyed doing this project as I got to use a number of my favourite stamps and build up layers and texture.


Bits & pieces I used...

* Canvas
* Pebble emulsion paint
* Hessian, netting, lace
* Visible Image Stamps - brick wall, ripped fishnet, Imagine-Dream-Inspire, live your dreams.
* Distress Inks - Vintage Photo, Chipped Sapphire
* Silver embossing powder
* Flowers and buttons
*Dymo embossing machine

Thanks so much for popping by today. Hope to see you again soon. 

I would like to enter this creation in to the following challenges:
* Crafting Musketeers - #9 'grunge'
* A Creative Romance - 'something new'
* Crafty Hands - 'anything goes'
* Artful Times - 'blue'

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card for Crafting Musketeers 'grunge' challenge, Hazel, DT Crafting Musketeers x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, textures are fab,

    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhands Challenge Blog.

    Moira DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very beautiful canvas Lisa with some interesting techniques. Thank you for sharing it with us at Artful Times

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and such a variety of techniques, perfect for the challenge you've entered with it.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project, thanks for sharing and taking part in the Crafting Muskateers 'Grunge' challenge this month.
    Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous canvas, love the softness of the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do enjoy doing a canvas and I do like the one you have submitted for the Artful Times challenge. Thanks for joining in with us again.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful canvas and thank you for stopping by mine and leaving such a sweet comment on my challenge card...
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loads of techiques and textures in one card love it,thank you for joining in with us at crafting musketeers and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lisa, wow this is amazing...am impressed. Joined as a new follower and pleased not to be the only new DT member.xxx

    luv aNNie

    http://annieforeva.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful page with a lot of gorgeous details!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! Great grunge project! I, too, just love using background stamps- they are so versatile and fun. I can tell you enjoy using them, too! :)

    Thanks for linking up at Crafting Musketeers! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card, thank you for joining us at the Crafting Musketeers this month, Fran (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete