Friday 10 January 2014

Love is in the air - Digitally Sweet challenge #70

This week challenge at Digitally Sweet I had the opportunity to use another gorgeous image from Lunagirl.




I got the inspiration for this creation when I was hunting for something in my craft room and I came across an old envelope. (I didn't find the thing I was originally searching for but...) Inside the envelope was a stack of old photograph negatives.... remember those? And I thought they might be nice to use with this image.

Here is my creation...



I started by making a background using some purple and black ink. I randomly rubbed the ink over smooth card to create a patchy textured background. 




I printed the image off several times at 13cm x 15cm and mounted one on to black card. 


I took two strips of the photograph negatives and sanded them heavily to create a old, scratchy effect. I took a length of grey thin ribbon and randomly weaved it through the holes in one of the negative borders.



I used my Visible Image 'ripped fishnet' stamp to stamp down one edge of the page and embossed it with silver embossing powder.
I added some white lace between the stamped and inked edge.



To put the card together, I arranged the images on top of each other and placed the one with the border on top. Then placed the negatives next to the image.



I stamped the 'love' stamp in a frame on to white card using silver ink and mounted it on to black card. 




To finish I added some cream padded fabric love hearts.



Another beautiful vintage image from Lunagirl.




Things I used to make this creation...

* Vintage image from Lunagirl
* Ink - purple & black
* Photograph negatives
* Stamps - Visible Image 'ripped fishnets' stamp & 'Love' stamp
* Silver embossing powder
* White lace
* black card
* Cream padded fabric hearts


Thanks for popping by and looking at my recent creation. Hope to see you again soon. Toodles. 

2 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic with the multiple images and great use of those negatives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Lisa, this is stunning. Gosh if I could only turn back time and keep all of my negatives, but I have found some digitial ones..xxx

    ReplyDelete