Friday 27 December 2013

DIGITALLY SWEET - challenge #68

Hope you've all had a lovely Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year.

I have a tiny bit of news too.... Karen at Digitally Sweet Challenges has offered me the chance to stay on the team for a while longer. And as I'm having sooooo much fun, I said yes, yes, yes!!!

So, this week at Digitally Sweet we were given a Lacy Sunshine Image to play with. I chose Hula Hoop as my image and you can find it here in the Lacy Sunshine shop.  



I chose this image as a bit of inspiration for the New Year - to lose a bit of the excess flabby bits and do some exercise.

Here is what I did with my image.



I coloured the image in using my ProMarkers and went with a red/purple colour theme.

I chose a white 8 X 8" card blank and inked it round the edges with red ink.


I used a piece of red stripy paper and some purple glitter paper which I cut in a 4 x 4" square and cut a tag out of another piece.

I placed the background papers at different angles and created a layered effect.


I placed the image on top and to finish added three lilac gems and a purple bow. 




Items I used...

* ProMarkers - lilac, lavender, amethyst, ruby, poppy, apple, cinnamon, caramel, henna.
* Red stripy paper.
* Purple glitter paper. 
* Purple ribbon.
* Lilac gems.

Thanks so much for popping by during the busy festives. hope you are all enjoying your Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the team!! So glad to have you on board. Love what you did here and what a darling image! Nice and summery!! The red/purple are a good combo too .. love it!

    Karen
    DSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Lisa! How cute and what a great new years resolution!

    ReplyDelete