Friday 13 December 2013

DIGITALLY SWEET - challenge #66

For this weeks Design Team challenge at Digitally Sweet I used a gorgeous vintage Merry Christmas image from Lunagirl.com




We had an inspiration image to work from.


And here is the image I chose from Lunagirl.


This image reminded me of a vintage postcard, and so this was what I went with. I decided to create a holiday postcard.

And this is my creation...


First, I chose to work on watercolour card so when I was stamping, it created a softer look.
I masked off a section at the top and bottom of the page and stamped a snowflake image using two different shades of pink.


I added two strips of red ribbon to the top and bottom.

I die cut the image using the whole set of Spellbinders dies to create a decoupage. I inked each section then decoupaged it using foam pads.




On the other side of the paper, I stamped a script stamp using brown ink rather than 
black. 


I cut out a old postage stamp from a book and stamped the postage stamp over the top then on the bottom of the page. 





Ingredients:
* Gorgeous vintage image from Lunagirl
* Snowflake stamp
* Script stamp
* Postmark stamp
* Distress Ink - Victorian Velvet, Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo
* Spellbinders die set
* Red Ribbon
* Stamp from book

Hope you like my take on a vintage postcard.
Please leave me a comment with your thoughts. See you soon, Lis xxx







3 comments:

  1. Lisa, beautiful card and I love how you layered the snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa this is fantastic, love all the stamping. Hope you have a great weekend.
    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, this is great! Never tried that decoupage, looks cool! Love what you did with our blogs, on your side-bar, don't have any idea how to do this!

    ReplyDelete