Wednesday 4 December 2013

The 'NEW' Stamping Chef... featuring "Cogsley Copperpot"

Hello and welcome to a 'new' Stamping Chef!!
From the start of December, The Stamping Chef New Release team is now taking part in the weekly challenges. We have been split in to two teams - A & B and each team are now posting fortnightly.

We also have a new look WEBSITE at: www.thestampingchef.com where you can go directly to the BLOG or join in with the CHALLENGES. We also have a fab FORUM where you can find tips and techniques and all the available challenges along with having a chatter, THE GALLERY, where you can find loads of inspiration. And of course, access to the STORE where you can find all they fabulous designs you could dream of!

This is what you will see at the new website.....

Quick links below:

WEBSITE

BLOG
FORUM
STORE
CHALLENGES 
GALLERY





Now... back to the 1st Team A challenge...
As there isn't a 'new releases' team anymore, we all get to chose which ever image from the store we like. I think this is a fabulous idea and an amazing opportunity to go back to some of the older designs the new releases team never got to play with.... And there are so many amazing designs to chose from.

For my 1st Team A challenge, I chose "Cogsley Copperpot". (You can find it here from the store)




Cogsley Copperpot is a Steampunk image design so I decided to go with a sepia colour palette. I love working with different tones of the same colour and I think it works really well with this image.



I coloured in the image using ProMarkers and cut round it, inking the edges with Distress Inks.



I used a piece of diamond patterned Kanban paper for my main background card.

I took two pieces of Core'dinations card - a tan strip and a brown square. I embossed them using two different embossing folders - the brown one with circles and dots, the tan one with cogs. I sanded them really intensely to show most of the colour underneath and give it a really distressed, grungy look. I wrapped ribbon around the tan piece and added a piece of lace to the corner of the brown piece to keep the colours and patterns feminine. 




I took a ready-made bronze plaque with gold edging and stamped 'Happy Birthday' at the bottom. (I held the stamp down for a long time to create a smudged effect with the sentiment)



I adhered the image to the left of the card with foam pads to raise it, and attached the plaque to the opposite side at an angle.



To finish, I added a huge paper rose and some mini watch cogs to the top of the plaque.


This was such a super cool image to use as I am a huge Steampunk fan.


Although Steampunk can be seen as a very masculine theme. I think it works really well with the colours and embellishments I've used to make it feminine. 



Ingredients....

* ProMarkers -

caramel, cinnamon, henna, sandstone, vanilla, sunflower, blossom
* Vintage Photo Distress Ink
* Watch cogs/parts
* Ribbon & lace
* Plaque
* Selection of card
* Embossing folders
* Sandpaper
* foam pads 
* Large paper rose


Thanks for looking today and I hope you pop back soon. Lis xxx 

2 comments:

  1. This is great Lisa and the pop of blue for her eyes just makes her jump off the page. Love, love, love it lots. xxxx

    ReplyDelete