Wednesday 25 December 2013

All things (not) so Christmasy...

Well, here it is, Christmas Day 2013!! And I still can't resist to blog, blog, blog away....
But, I just had to share another one of my creations using Visible Image stamps. 

I created this for a special friend of mine who "doesn't do Christmas". So I always tend to make her a special something around this time of year. 

This year, I decided to make her a over-sized tag and I chose vintage pinks for my colour palette. 

Here is what I did...



I cut a over-sized tag shape out of watercolour paper and inked it using a brown and a pink Distress Inks concentrating making it darker around the edges. 






I dry embossed the bottom half of the tag and inked it again. 




I gathered a selection of different sized paper flowers and brushed them with the distress inks. 




I added a thin piece of lace along the bottom and some green sprigs to the arrangement. 



I added a wide pink satin ribbon around the center, threaded a dragonfly charm on to pink/white bakers twine and wrapped it over the top. 



At the top half of the tag, I stamped the Visible Image Large Butterfly stamp twice using the same pink Distress Ink to create a very subtle effect. 



I then stamped the VI 'thanks so much' sentiment stamp using Vintage Photo Distress Ink over the butterfly stamped image. I used Vintage Photo DI as black was far too harsh and I wanted to create a soft look to keep in with the vintage look. 



I added a piece of crochet lace along the top edge and added a small flower arrangement opposite. 

I threaded a butterfly charm on to pink organza ribbon and tied it at the top of the tag.



To finish I die cut a butterfly from parchment paper and added it to the satin ribbon around the center. 

Anyone who knows me, knows I adore butterflies, any shape, pattern or size... and this stamp from Visible Image is no different. Its a great stamp will fantastic detail. 



 Check out the Visible Image website here for more fabulous stamp designs. 

What I used to make my creation....

* Distress Inks - Vinatge Photo, Victorian Velvet, Tattered Rose.
* Ribbon - lace, crochet lace, satin, organza.
* Paper flowers, green sprigs.
* Charms.
* Parchment paper.
* Spellbinders die.


Thanks for having a toot at my blog today, hope you all had a fantastic Christmas Day 2013. Lis xxx

I would like to enter my creation in the following challenges...

* Visible Image Blog - December Challenge

* Loves Rubber Stamps - Holiday Blitz AG
* Sweet Stamps - #149 AG 































6 comments:

  1. I love this tag and I am a flower fiend so simply gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Sweetstamps.com come back again next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is so lovely, Lisa! Love this feminine design and the lovely florals you've added. So glad you shared with us at SweetStamps.com !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this so beautiful ans the soft colours are stunning! Thank you for sharing this lovely creation of yours with us at SweetStamps.com. Good luck...
    Sweet Holiday Hugs
    Denise
    http://dixicreations.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag! I love the romantic florals and colors you used, your friend is sure to love it! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Loves Rubber Stamps Challenges and look forward to seeing more of your lovely creations again soon. Have a beautiful week! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is so beautiful. Love the flowers and the colors and the great design. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete