Friday 6 December 2013

DIGITALLY SWEET - challenge #65

Another fabulous week at Digitally Sweet
Challenges and I'm really enjoying my time here. I had another wonderful image to play with again this week... 

...Saint Nicholas himself. 

This weeks image comes courtesy of DigiDarla Designs.

You can find the image here





This week, I used my watercolour pencils to colour the image (I bought some new watercolour pencils a couple of weeks ago and can't stop using them!)and I think they look fab with this image as the colours aren't too bright, they are muted and keep the image looking vintage-y.



After colouring the image - I wanted to make a plaque rather than a card. 
I painted a piece of chipboard using olive green emulsion paint.



I stamped the chipboard using a scroll motif then heat embossed it using silver embossing powder. 



I also inked the edges of the board and embossed it using the same silver powder. After embossing, I inked over the top with the same stamp using vintage photo distress ink to give it a layered, muted effect.



I spelled out the word s-a-n-t-a using die cut letters and also the numbers 2 & 5.



I covered them with clear ink and embossed them using gold powder. 



I stamped the poinsettia stamp several times on tan core'dinations card. I cut the whole flower out three times and cut the center of the flowers a further six times. 




I layered the flowers up and arranged them on the bottom of the plaque.





Another great week at Digitally Sweet. 




Ingredients:
* Watercolour pencils
* Piece of chipboard
* Floral/scroll motif stamp
* Embossing powder - gold & silver
* Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
* Poinsettia stamp
* Die cut letters/numbers
* Core'dinations card

Thanks for stopping by, please leave a comment if you wish.
Lis xxx


I would also like to enter my creation in the following challenge/s:

* Use numbers @ Hels Sheridan Blog

* Favourite Christmas colours @ TTPH

7 comments:

  1. Fab creation, loving all the layers and elements you popped on there... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you made your card! The watercolor technique and the embossing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa! Very nice! I love the vintage and all the gold!! Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!!!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love Lisa i love the vintage and gold feel of it.

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  5. So love your vintage santa card wonderful colours and love the embossing, thanks so much for the lovely comment you left on my post. I also wish you a Merry Christmas hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The card came out great and such a great "soft" look. Happy holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely card I love it so beautiful
    thanks so much for entering TTPH Challenge x

    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete