Saturday 14 June 2014

Totally Gorjuss DT Challenge # 240

This weeks challenge at Totally Gorjuss is all about Dad. As it is Fathers Day tomorrow we thought we would dedicate this challenge to all the Daddy's out there.
Check out the challenge blog here.

This year, I made my Dad this... 





It is a MDF plaque to hang in his shed from my daughters. I made this for him rather than buying anything as my Dad is the most difficult person in the world when it comes to birthdays, Christmas or any other celebration. I thought he might like this more than something he will shove in a drawer for the next 10 years!!!


So, how I made my creation....

I covered the MDF with a couple of coats of Gesso to start. I cut loads of cogs from a Spellbinders die and laid them on top of each other so they were thicker. I added loads of little watch part pieces around the card cogs and gave everything another coat of Gesso.

I then got out a bunch of Distress Inks and started to play. As Distress Inks are obviously ink not paint you can build layers on top of layers. Each coat soaks in to each other so the colours don't turn out as dark as when they are initially applied. 

I continued to add colour until I was happy. I added some black paint around the edge of the MDF and brushed some Gesso over the top with a dried brush to highlight some areas.

I finished the plaque by threading through some jute string at the top to hand it.


















Bit & bobs I used...

* Gesso.
* Spellbinders die set - Cogs.
* Distress Inks:
old paper, frayed burlap, gathered twigs, brushed corduroy, vintage photo, walnut stain, forest moss, mowed lawn.
* Watch pieces.


Thanks for popping by and having a toot, leave me a crafty comment if you wish. 
Toodles for now.




I would like to enter my creations in to the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create - anything goes


3 comments:

  1. This is fab Lisa, I love projects like this. Really personal, love it x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome plaque Lisa. I'm sure your dad will like it! Thank you for sharing with us at That Craft Place. Cheers, Aurora

    ReplyDelete
  3. just love this, all the little details are just perfect ,thanks for joining us at That Craft Place challenge x

    ReplyDelete