Saturday 14 June 2014

OAK HOUSE STUDIO..... "Something Blue"

Good morning folks.... Well, today is the day, my 1st DT challenge with Oak House Studio. 
This months theme is "Something Blue". 

A week or so ago, I was sent a box full of scrummy Oak House Studio goodies from the lovely Lynnda Worsnop to play with and came up with some lovely creations. 

I loved playing with Oak House Studio's sprays. As we know, I am a mucky pup, and I love it!! So playing with these sprays... I was having a ball.

Here's a bit of info on the fab Oak House Studio sprays.... Oak House Studio has been making spray inks for some time and are sold with a screw top lid and optional spray top. This means you can recycle and use your old spray bottles, you 
can use the screw on top to keep your ink safe whilst you clean through your spray top too.
Spray tops are also sold individually if you need to replace the tops on your glimmer mists and  the wonderful pipettes are also available to create your own colours.

Being a stampaholic, its important for me to find a good stamp, with a great design but that can be used in many different ways. 

Lynnda's stamps are produced from a specially created silicon based polymer using a laser which is extremely accurate - so what is drawn is what you get!!! They seem to like every kind of ink, sprays and paints, along with clay materials and because they are silicon.... yyyyeeeyyyy, we know what that means..... MELT POT!!!!! 





Back to the June challenge.... I made a few "something blue" projects for this challenge which I will be sharing with you over the next couple of weeks. 

You can join in with the challenge over at the blog here and you can get all the scrummy products I used for this challenge over at the Oak House Studio shop here.


So.... here is my 1st creation for the "something blue" challenge.




I stamped the Walesby Flourish Stamp on to white card using Powder Blue Oak House Studio Colour Chemistry Pigment ink then stamped over the top with Midnight ink using second generation stamping. I mounted it onto a piece of cardstock coloured with Powder blue ink. I coloured another piece of smaller cardstock with the same ink. I stamped in to white air dry clay with the Oak House Studio Thoresby Background Square Positive stamp and cut it into four to create a mosaic tile effect. Then mounted it in the centre of the card. 








Check out the other "something blue" projects the other team members have come up with over on the blog.

Thanks for popping by today, leave me a craft comment if you wish.




.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you join the design team Lisa, I smile because the first thing I did with this Thorseby pattern was stamp in clay, I used polymer clay and have since then used in in silver clay. Looking forward to seeing more of your projects. Lynnda x

    ReplyDelete