Wednesday 4 June 2014

Tag Swap @ TCP - May 2014

Back at the swap challenge at That Craft Place Natter & Chatter this month. This months theme is the one word crafters hate and always comes around this time of year.... Christmas. 

My new years resolution this year was to make a couple of Christmas cards every month so it wasn't as stressful towards the end of the year. Like most NYR's, yes, it kinda went out the window. So, this is my 1st official Christmas creation.

There was a couple of things to follow: the theme was Christmas but MODERN christmas, fresh & unique and a minimum size tag of 
3 1/4" x 6 1/4". 
Another change to this months swap is we don't know who is swapping creations with who. All our creations go to our organiser and she then swaps them and sends them on.


Here is my creation...





I started with white textured card, crumbled it and inked it with Distress Ink (DI).

I went with the colour theme of blues and a touch of green. I stamped the holly down the side and coloured it using DI and a waterbrush.

I stamped the phrase on to inked card using individual alphabet stamps and black ink. Cut the words out then covered them with clear in and clear embossing powder to give it a shimmer. 

I stamped the 24 along the edge with different pressure using black and green ink in different directions. I also stamped it on to a separate piece of card and heat embossed it in gold, cut it out and adhered it to a inky square of card. 

I added a couple of gems in the corner and stapled some ribbon to the top. 










I believe Rachel Fisher was the recipient of my tag in the tag swap draw. Hope she likes it!


Thanks for looking today, leave me a crafty comment if you wish. 

Toodles for now..... 







2 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful lisa and I'm sure the recipitent will also love it too.
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tag Lisa - i loved it!!! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete