Sunday 2 February 2014

Love, Love, Love - That Craft Place GDT

It's all about the lllluuuurrrrrvvvvvveeeee this week at That Craft Place as it is the month of the most expensive day of the year lovie-dovie-ness.
I used lots of lovely goodies in this project which all came from the lovely Lisa at the even lovelier shop with the name you can never forget, "That Craft Place". I think this is the greatest place on earth for any crafter!

So, here's what I created for this challenge...


I wanted to do something 'me' with this challenge and I loved every second of it!! 

I started with the most amazing thing in the world.... cardboard! Yes, cardboard... it so versatile, easy to manipulate and loves a bit of paint. 
So after rooting through my recycle bin (yet again) I found a suitable piece of cardboard. The type that has the easy peel layer to reveal the corrugated bit underneath.

I cut a piece of cardboard to size and peeled of the top layer, then painted it with emulsion paint.
To create the background on the cardboard I stamped a newsprint background stamp on to cosmetic tissue and attached it to the cardboard using bees wax. 


I did the same to the 10 x 10 MDF frame (from That Craft Place) Painted it, sanded it and added the newsprint tissue with beeswax. I added a little more bees wax to the edges of the frame to create some texture.  I cut a photograph image to size, inked and crease it and added it the center of the frame and added a couple of metal embellishments.




I took the metal tag (from That Craft Place)and stamped the word 'love' and some swirls using Stazon ink and threaded it on to some twine-y ribbon (from That Craft Place. 



The two beautiful die cut hearts (from That Craft Place) were stunning just on their own. So I just added a bit of red, black and white paint with a sponge to give them a bit of colour.



I added the key embellishment and the frame to opposite corners (from That Craft Place) and added a cameo and some organza ribbon to the frame.




To finish, I added a resin flower an some mocha coloured beads and threaded beads on to wire and attached to make a handle.


I loved creating this piece and being able to use all the fantastic goodies from That Craft Place shop just made it so much more enjoyable.


Bits and bobs I used...

* From That Craft Place 
- 10 x 10cm MDF frame
- Die cut hearts
- Key & frame
- metal tag
- Twine ribbon
* Cardboard
* Emulsion paint
* Cosmetic tissue 
* Newsprint stamp
* Bees wax
* Vintage Photo Distress Ink 
* Individual alphabet stamps - Stamps Away
* Snowflake stamp - Indigo Blu
* Cameo
* Organza Ribbon
* Birdcage and corner metal embellishments
* Resin flower
* Beads
* Wire

Thanks for stopping by, please leave me a comment, let me know your thoughts. L. xx 



Why not stop by at That Craft Place on Facebook here or That Craft Place Natter & Chatter on Facebook here
And of course you can always pay a visit to the store by clicking on the That Craft Place logo at the top of my post and join in with the challenge blog here.




No comments:

Post a Comment