Friday 11 October 2013

THE STAMPING CHEF - NEW RELEASE "FAIL TO BAIL"

Hello, and welcome to another new release from The Stamping Chef!!  




Here is my creation of "Fail to Bail".


This is another super-cool image I had the fabulous opportunity to work with. 

I used ProMarkers and as usual, I started with skin and hair. I decided this chick could definitely pull off blue hair so needed to match the skin tones with the brightness of the hair colour. 


After the skin and hair was coloured, I worked on the outfit. I again wanted to chose bright colours so picked purple and orange. 
I finished the image by colouring the skateboard with a range of colours I had already used.

I used a bright coloured but distressed stripey paper with a grungey number border for the background. Because the image and background paper was so colourful, I wanted to minimalise the embellishments I used. 
I chose the letters and numbers - s, k, 8, 2, 4 & 7 to spell skate twenty-four-seven.
I thought it was a fun way to spell out what the girl in the image may be thinking. (See, I'm still down with the kids!!)



To make the numbers and letters stand out, I inked them with clear embossing powder and heat embossed them with blue glass powder. When the embossing powder was still wet, I sprinkled gold embossing powder over the top and re-heated so the gold melted in to the blue in areas.



I attached these over the grungy numbers border of the background paper in a horizontal/vertical arrangement.

I added a rose (which was white to start with and coloured with a ProMarker) and a wax leaf to mirror the rose/leaf design on the 
skateboard. 



To finish I added the gold triple ball chain along the bottom. 



I think you will agree,another fab design from The Stamping Chef!!!

Ingredients:
* ProMarkers - 
Skin - satin,ivory, rose pink, lavender.
Hair - cornflower, china blue, sky blue, indigo blue.
Top - amethyst, maroon.
Shorts - bright orange, honeycomb.
Skateboard - indigoblue, amethyst, moss, cool grey 4, ruby, satin.
* 'Ink It Up!' clear embossing ink.
* 'Heat It Up!' blue glass and gold embossing powders.
* Die cut letters/numbers.
* Rose.
* Wax leaf.
* Gold triple ball chain.
* Selection of papers.
* Adhesive.

*** You can also click HERE to go direct to The Stamping Chef Store and have a look at the amazing selection of fun quirky designs available.***

Have a look at The Stamping Chef Facebook Page @ www.facebook.com/TheStampingChef and join in with The challenges @ www.facebook.com/groups/TSCRecipes/



Thanks for popping by and as always would love it if you left a comment. Cheers,  Toodles. 

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant card and love the fantastic image with her tattoos love the technique for and how you used the numbers than words great idea and love her blue hair (I once had green hair !but that was a result of putting some silver stuff on bleached hair and got a bad reaction)
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete