Friday 4 October 2013

THE STAMPING CHEF - LEG OR BREAST NEW RELEASE

Hello all, firstly I would like to thank all my lovely new followers. Thanks you so much for joining me and I hope you love what you see. Feel free to leave me any comments, good or bad - I can take it....

Now on to the fabulous new release from The stamping Chef.




*** This is 'Leg or Breast' and is available in the 'New Release' section of The Stamping Chef store with 20% off for this weekend only. 

click HERE to go direct to the stores New Releases.*** 

This was a fabulous image to work on and I decided I wanted to use a minimal colour palette and chose browns and tan.

I coloured the image in using my ProMarkers, I started with her skin and wanted to use an olive skin tone to keep with the outfit colours I intended on using. 
I then coloured her hair using brown tones.



The outfit came next which is where I was able to mix the browns with the tan. I added a bit of another colour mixing apple and sky blue to make a light teal colour to accent the feathers in her hair and the trims on the outfit.

I am stuck in a bit of a rut at the minute - I always tend to spend an age cutting around the image with a craft knife. This time I decided to use a Spellbinders die to cut around the image creating a nicer shape than just a square. However, yes, I have no dies big enough to cut straight around the image. I need the bigger die sets. (So, if anyone is reading this who would like to know what is on my Christmas list...)

Anyway, so I put two dies from the same set around the image and drew around them, then cut them out by hand. Which to be honest, I think it looks quite good!!



I then inked around the edges. I cut a piece of brown textured card and tan textured card in to rectangles, used a corner punch and layered them off set from each other. 

I die cut some leaves from the same card and sanded over the top of them lightly.
I added two feathers in the corner of the card to match the feathers in her hair.


I adding some teal coloured gems to the feathers and corners of the card.



I finished by adding a length of teal blue scalloped ribbon down the side of the card and added a length of gold rope ribbon on top to bring out the colours in the brown. 




Ingridents:

* ProMarkers - 
Skin: vanilla, blush, rose pink, eyes: apple, sky blue.
Hair: mustard, caramel, cinnamon, sandstone
Outfit: caramel, cinnamon, henna, sandstone,spice, apple, sky blue.
Other: cool grey 4, slate, mustard, cinnamon, honeycomb.
* White feathers.
* Teal gems.
* Spellbinders dies.
* Vintage Photo & broken china distress inks.
* Card stock.
* Adhesive.
* Ribbon.

I hope you like my creation this week.
Thanks for looking. 



*** You can also click HERE to go direct to The Stamping Chef Store and have a look at the amazing selection of fun quirky designs available.***

Have a look at The Stamping Chef Facebook Page @ www.facebook.com/TheStampingChef and join in with The challenges @ www.facebook.com/groups/TSCRecipes/




1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous work, as always, teamie. Great idea to put the 2 dies together. I think I'll be trying that out
    Hugs
    T.

    ReplyDelete