Tuesday 22 May 2018

The Girl in the Frame with Itsy Bitsy

Hello lovely peeps and welcome to my second project for Itsy Bitsy.
I've called this project 'The Girl in the Frame'.




I used lots of Itsy Bitsy mixed media products for this project to build up some fabulous texture.

Here is the step by step process...



I started with a 12 inch square piece of greyboard as it is a good base to apply lots of different mediums to.
I tore a 12 inch square of Little Birdie textured card in to strips then glued them to the centre of the greyboard square.




I then cut pieces from the burlap roll in to strips pulling apart the fibres to create holes, then glued it around the edges of the greyboard using the matte gel medium. 



When everything had dried, I gave everything a coat of the white 2-in-1 Gesso and modelling paste.




Next, I added some colour using blue and lime Little Birdie colour splash. I then added some more of the 2-in-1 Gesso over the centrecentre, allowed it to dry, then added splashes of the Little Birdie Gold Soot Alcohol Splash.



I placed half a teaspoon of mixed media stones on to a acrylic block and added a couple of drops of Golden Soot Gold Alcohol Splash, mixed the stones and left to dry.



I coloured the Primed Chipboard Hearty Circle with Black Soot Alcohol Splash.



I found a couple of old photography film negatives and distressed them, then added some white mixed media 2 in 1 gesso and modelling paste.



I took a black and white photograph , distressed it then used the Two Step Crackle Medium over the top.



Making sure the base was dry, I added some splashes of the Golden Soot Gold Alcohol Splash then added all the other elements and added some Little Birdie Flowers – Jacey handmade florets and Sea Foam Dew Drops.



Here is the finished piece...





And some close-ups...












Thanks for popping by my blog today to have a toot at my Itsy Bitsy Design Team project.
Toodles for now,
Lisa xxx 


If you would like a toot at my project on the Itsy Bitsy blog, here is the link... 

Here are all the Itsy Bitsy products I used which are all available on the Itsy Bitsy website.

2 comments:

  1. Hi this is stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW stunning project love all the fabulous texture and great step by step
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete