Sunday 13 May 2018

Embossing Folders @ Tando Creative

Hi folks. Welcome to my post for Tando Creative. This weeks theme is 'Embossing Folders'. 
Tando's amazing greyboard can be used in many different ways. It is strong enough to take anything you throw at it including multiple layers of different mediums. But, it is also soft enough to be manipulated with an embossing folder. 



I used a Tando long tag and embossed it with a leaf embossing folder using a manual die cutting machine. (see note below).
Then painted it using DecoArt Premium Acrylic Paints.





I painted some paper flowers with the DecoArt Premiums Acrylics and left to dry. 




I took some artificial leaves and heat embossed them with silver embossing powder.




I added a sentiment 'bloom' using a Dymo Omega label maker.




I then added some black satin ribbon to the tag top. 





Thanks for popping by my blog today.
Toodles for now,
Lisa x 

Note - I have tried this technique with both an electric and a manual die cutting machine. My findings are the manual machine has better results. I think this is due to being able to add more pressure with a manual machine. With the electric machine, even though the theory is it can cut through anything... when it comes to embossing, it's a different story. 
When trying to add more pressure to get a deeper emboss, the machine doesn't like it and spits out the plates. 

Here is everything I used... 

Set of 5 Long Tags       Green Gold Premium   Cobalt Teal Premium   Dymo Omega Embossing Label Maker

No comments:

Post a Comment