Friday 11 May 2018

Creating Backgrounds @ The Artistic Stamper

Hello folks! Welcome to My first post for May for The Artistic Stamper. This month's theme is 'backgrounds'.

The Artist Stamper have a fantastic collection of stamps which can be used for backgrounds. 
I love making my own backgrounds - starting with a white piece of card and adding colours, textures and layers to create a background. 

And this is what I did for this creation...




I started with a white piece of card - size 7" x 7" and coloured the white card with a selection of blues and purples Distress Ink. 




I then added a couple of squirts of water and let the water run down the card.




I used The Artistic Stamper Mini Backgrounds A6 stamp set, Mini Backgrounds A6 #1 and Mini Backgrounds A6 #2 by Neil Walker. 
(These stamps do all come as individual A5 stamps. But with the Mini Background set, there are 4 stamps in the set which I find gives me much more variety.)

I used stamps from all three sets and stamped using the same Distress Inks, layering and overstamping the patterns.





I then stamped the butterfly from the Insects and Butterflies A5 stamp set on to the background with black ink. I then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.




To finish I added a sentiment from the Tim Holtz Advantus Idea-Ology Small Talk sticker.




Thanks for popping by my blog today.
Toodles for now,
Lisa xxx 

Here is everything I used...


Mini Backgrounds #1  size A6 (cut out and mounted on cling cushioning)       Mini Backgrounds # 2 size A6  ( cut and  mounted on cling cushioning )       Mini Backgrounds size A6  © Neil Walker (cut out and mounted on cling cushioning)   Insects and Butterflies 1 A5  (cut out and mounted on cling cushioning)   Image result for tim holtz small talk stickers uk   

I would like to enter this in to the following challenges:
Craft Stamper - "Take It Make It challenge May - anything goes
Stamping Sensations - Sir Stamps A Lot May challenge - "Close To Nature"


6 comments:

  1. Your background looks great. Works well with the single butterfly silhouette.
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely inky Butterfly creation for our 'Close to Nature' theme at Stamping Sensations, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful elegant card in lovely colours. You made a great background for the butterfly. Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! Your background is beautiful! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the inky background on your lovely butterfly card

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete