Tuesday 15 December 2015

Winter Holidays @ Tando

Holidays are comin', holidays are comin'.... erhum, erhummm... anyway... Let's get back to the crafting...

Hi folks, and welcome to this weeks Tando creation. Our theme this week is Winter Holidays. 

As you may know, I am a self diagnosed MDF horder! My MDF storage area in my craft room is overflowing, so I decided to have a rummage through to see what I could play with.
I chose a plain (and lets face it, pretty boring)box to alter. 

Here is my creation... 





I started with covering the box with a light teal blue DecoArt paint which I watered down a lot to create a washy feel. Once dry, I gave the lid of the box and the four sides a good coat with DecoArt Weathered Wood. When the coat was dry, I applied a coat of DecoArt Crackle Paint. By using both DecoArt products produces mega cracks, huge, HUGE cracks!!! 





I then made a muddy browny grey colour wash and painted layers of the wash until I was happy with the colour tone. I then went over it with Stazon Ganache to create more tones. I finished the box off by swiping over white Gesso with a dry tissue.


On to the decoration...

To decorate the box I used lots of Tando goodies. Reindeer, snowflakes, wonky trees and robins is what I used. 
I added DecoArt Sand Texture Paste to the snowflakes, wonky trees and on the wing and breast of the robins.










I then painted all the pieces and rubbed some metallic gold to the texture paste pieces. To finish, I went over all the bits with the Stazon Ganache ink. 








I also painted inside the box to match.







I hope you like my Winter Holidays Box and would love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment if you can. 

If you would like to join in with the challenge, pop over to the website challenge link here. Hope to see you there. There is loads of inspiration on the Tando blog if you fancy a toot. 


Tando goodies I used....all available on the fantastic Tando Website.

Reindeer small trotting
5 snowflakes
Minis wonky trees 
Robins pack of 6


Reindeer Small Trotting     Pack of 5 snowflakes    Tando Mini's Wonky Trees   Robins pack of 6


I would like to wish all my blog followers a Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year.
Lots of love, Lisa xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hello Lisa, What a fabulous box, I love how you have decorated it, beautiful colours. Love the stag.

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work Lisa gorgeous box x

    ReplyDelete