Tuesday 1 December 2015

Eclectic Ellapu - December Challenge

Hello folks and welcome to the last challenge of 2015 for Eclectic Ellapu!!! Wow, this year has gone amazingly fast. 

As this is the last challenge of the year, it's open for two whole months so you have plenty of time to play along.

The theme is 'Cards to Die For' (use one or more dies).

Here is my creation...




This is a card I was asked to make by a friend who's Son was getting Confirmed and taking his First Holy Communion. She told me she couldn't find any card to fit the occasion with 'Son' on the front.

I started with the colour palette and decided on cream/white and gold but after that I was completely thrown as I don't have any religious stash in my craft room. I looked at what I did have and decided to concentrate on using my Spellbinders Dies. 

I played around with some frame dies and used white and gold card to create a layered effect. 




I then used a corner die which I cut four of to create the cross shape. 

I die cut some letters to make the word 'Son' and heat embossed with gold powder.




As the design was quite delicate I decided to make an envelope box using the Crafters Companion Envelobox.

I then created a tag using the gold card and the centre from white card. I stamped the letter 'J' to represent the receivers name and attached white organza ribbon.





Remember: this challenge is open for two whole months so you have plenty of time to get crafty. 


I hope all our lovely Eclectic Ellapu challengers have a lovely Christmas and I wish you all the best for 2016.

Merry Christmas

Toodles for now, Lisa xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment