Tuesday 1 December 2015

Altered Eclectics - December Challenge......

Hi folks and welcome to the last challenge of 2015 at Altered Eclectics. 

I have loved this year being on this team. The girls are great and the Boss is just amazing. It's such a lovely team to be part of. 

For the last challenge of the year, I decided to just have a play and see what came of it. 

Here is what I created...




I found an old wooden mini frame in my stash that I had painted but never got round to doing anything else with. Then I spent the next hour sieving through my jars of bits and bobs. We all have them - those jars full to the top of metal embellishments, charms, buttons, old jewellery, beads, and anything else we find along the way. I tend to shove them all in overly organised jars.
I found a few interesting pieces and started to build them in to the frame. 





After arranging and rearranging I decided to adhere them using a gel medium and painted the whole thing with white gesso. 

I mixed up some DecoArt paint with DecoArt Tinting Base and gave everything a good coat. 

I then used the 'ink in a bottle' sprays from Oak House Studio over the top to create different tints of colour and the super shimmer.






As this is the last Altered Eclectics challenge of the year, it is open for two whole months so you have plenty of time to get crafty. 


I hope all our lovely Altered Eclectics challengers have a lovely Christmas and I wish you all the best for 2016.

Merry Christmas

Toodles for now, Lisa xxx 

I would like to enter this creation in to the following challenges:



No comments:

Post a Comment