Sunday 10 January 2016

colour theme @ Tando

Hi folks and welcome to my 1st post of 2016!!! Hope Christmas and New Year was enjoyable for you all.

My 1st 2016 post is for the colour theme challenge over at Tando.

Here is the gorgeous colour palette for January.


For this project, I decided to do something simple using ATC chipboard shapes. I chose 3 to work on and added more chipboard embellishments to present hopes for the new year.

Here is what I did....
(the blue looks a bit lighter on the photos than on the colour palette....)




I love these chipboard pieces. They are just the right size to add embellishments to.


plate #1
plate #2
plate #3

I used lots of products to add texture to the plates. DecoArt crackle paint, DecoArt sand texture paste, DecoArt matte medium, Mustard Seed distress embossing powder and Distress Ink along with Stamp-It Australia 'Time to Dream' stamp set. 


texture, texture, texture
texture, texture, texture
texture, texture, texture
texture, texture, texture
texture, texture, texture
I first added texture paste and crackle paint to the blank chipboard plates then painted them with different tones of blue from the colour chart.

I added the different chipboard embellishments and used Mustard Seed Distress Ink on areas of the embellishments then used Mustard Seed Distress Embossing Powder (which I love, by the way) over the top to highlight.


lovin' the Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder
 - Mustard Seed
lovin' the Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder
 - Mustard Seed

I then stamped some of the words from the Stamp-It Australia 'Time to Dream' stamp set on a white cosmetic tissue and used DecoArt Matte Medium to adhere it to the plates. 



dream.....
- matte medium

I think I am defo going to do some more of these in the future. They are fabulous for turning in to tags, for journal pages or to be used simply on their own.



plates #1, #2 & #3


Thanks for popping by, I hope you like my 1st project of 2016. Many more to come....
Toodles for now, 


Bits & Pieces I used...
Tando... (available on the Tando Website)
Hearts grab bag 
Arrows grab bag
Tando minis - frames
Tando minis - people
Tandos mini - advent numbers
Set of 5 keys
Locks and latches

DecoArt...Media Range:
crackle paint
sand texture paste
matte medium

Stamps...
Stamp-it Australia - 'Time To Dream'

Other products I used...
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Mustard Seed
Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder - Mustard Seed 





Grab Bag of Hearts  Arrows Grab Bag  Tando Minis - People  Set of 5 Keys  Tando Minis - Frames





No comments:

Post a Comment