Monday 7 September 2015

Sunflower Clock

Hello all and welcome to my blog. 

Here is what I want to share with you today... 




As you may of seen over the past week, IndigoBlu's Kay has been back on the TV screens over at the new craft channel Hochanda. She brought some clock samples to show the beautiful IndigoBlu papers.

As a IndigoBlu demonstrator I have had the chance to play with these stunning papers for a while and I love them. I'm not really a paper collection fan, I prefer to make my own background using stamps and ink etc. But these are in a class of their own!!! They are so thick and lush, great for distressing and adding paint and ink to and the best this is, they already come with the most beautiful vintage images. Just stunning!!!


The IndigoBlu Design Team all got one of the IB clock kits that were on the show, but as I'm a demonstrator not a DT member, I didn't get chance to do one. Boo hoo....
But as I had the papers and all the other IB products I thought I'd make my own version.





So I bought a clock from a supermarket for less than a fiver (bargain!!!) with all the mechanisms already in and I improvised. As that's what us crafters do!!!

I flicked through the IndigoBlu 12 x 12 Floral Vignettes papers and chose the sunflower. My clock face was exactly 12 inches so I used the entire sheets of 12 x 12. 
I added some Banana Custard IndigoBlu English Cottage Artist Acrylic paint to distress it.




As I didn't have the IndigoBlu clock Kit, I didn't have the hands and the stencil with the numbers on. So I used numbers from the Tando Creative Arthur numbers set and the Tando Creative Clock Hands. 





I painted them with black gesso and added some Autumn Blaze Mega Flakes. And I added so texture with a stencil from my stash.



All in all I loved making this project and actually enjoy using a paper collection.



Thanks for popping by, I hope I have inspired you to get creative.
Lisa xxx 

I would like to enter this make in to the Craft Stamper magazine 'Take It, Make It' challenge

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful clock. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous project... lovely stamping too!!
    Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ... good luck!
    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete