Saturday 5 September 2015

CUCKOO CLOCK - Colour Theme - Tando Creative


Hello all!!!! Today I'm blogging my Tando cuckoo clock I have made for this weeks challenge theme at Tando Creative.

The colour palette for September is a gorgeous variety of one of my fav colours.... Purple!!! I just love any shade of purple!!!

This is the colour palette I had to work with.



For this week, I decided to work with Tando's Cuckoo Clock. I really like working with anything that can be displayed and used rather than spending hours creating something then sticking it in a drawer!

I enjoyed every step of creating this clock and I think I will be creating another one in the future. 

So here goes....






First, I put together all the layers of the Tando cuckoo clock then painted it with a quick coat of white Gesso.
I made templates for the windows and clock face and stamped and coloured them with Distress Ink and painted the rest of the clock with acrylic paint.

I used the Tando stripes mask for the roof area to give it some texture.

Then, I painted the numbers and clock hands with black Gesso and randomly went over the top with gilding flakes.

I added a metal owl embellishment and metal wings to the top  of the clock to act as the cuckoo.

To finish, I added some clear glaze over the widows to make them glossy and added some plaited jute string for the winding chains. 











Here are all the products I used to make this creation...

From Tando...
* cuckoo clock
* Stripes mask
* Arthur numbers
* Clock hands

From IndigoBlu...
* English Cottage Artist Acrylic Paints - pantry white, banana custard, hot cocoa
* Gee-Sso Good Gesso - black, white
* Mega Flakes - autumn blaze
* FlitterGlu

Other...
* Crafty Individuals Stamp - CI-035
* Distress Inks - seedless preserves, dusty concord, shaded lilac, pumice stone
* DoCrafts Artiste Ink - white
* Versafine Ink - oynx black
* Homemade texture paste
* Metal embellishments
* Cosmic Shimmer clear varnish lacquer


Hop over to the website for more inspiration and to join in with the challenges.
Thanks for popping by, 
toodles, Lisa xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment