Sunday 26 July 2015

Hearts & Swirls - my 1st Tando Creative Team post

Hi folks and welcome to my 1st post for the Tando Creative Team. This week's theme is 'hearts & Swirls' and you can find more amazing inspiration on the Tando blog.







I cut out a heart shape using a bit of cardboard. Then picked a selection of Tando hearts from the grab bag and picked a couple of swirls from the small and large swirls pack. I added a couple of metal flower embellishments to the mix for definition. After sticking the flowers and swirls down, I covered with whole thing with black gesso.
I then sprayed over the top using metallic acrylic paint and dry brushed some white gesso over the top. 

With the Tando hearts I selected, I put them in pairs and covered one heart from each pair with Flitterglu and IndigoBlu copper kettle mega flakes.
With the other heart from each pair, I used the Tando suits mask and put a heart shape on each one with texture paste. I then painted them with IndigoBlu paint and added DecoArt one step crackle over the top, ensuring to avoid the texture paste heart shape. Then layered them to add height. 

I then coloured some satin ribbon with the IndigoBlu paint as its also a fantastic fabric paint. And stamped the vintage flourish stamp over the top. 

Hope you like my 1st Tando make, looking forward to the next.

Thanks for popping by, toodles for now xxx 


There is still time to enter our monthly challenge!  Just take a look at the 'July link up' page at the top of our Blog for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment