Thursday 1 February 2018

Love is... @ The Artistic Stamper

Hi folks and welcome to my post for this weeks challenge over @ The Artistic Stamper. This week's theme is 'red'.

Here is my creation...




I cut a piece of 350gsm white card to 7" x 7" and used Distress Oxide Inks - Candied Apple, Abandoned Coral and Fired Brick to ink the background. I applied the inks with ink blending brushes to have a nice covered area of colour. I then went around the edges with Black Soot Distress Oxide ink.

I used the Mini Background #1 stamp set with the 3 colours of red Distress Oxide to add some patterns to the background.



I tore 3 squares from the white card just bigger than the heart stamp, then inked the the same way as the background.

I then stamped the heart on to the three torn squares using black VersaFine ink and adhered them to the background.




I used the Decay Alphabet - lower case to stamp the words directly on to the background.



To finish, I mounted the card on to a piece of 7.5" x 7.5" black card.


Thanks for popping along today, 
toodles for now...
Lisa xxx

If you would like to play along with the challenge, the link is here...


Here are the stamps I used available at The Artistic Stamper.



Mini Backgrounds #1  size A6 (cut out and mounted on cling cushioning)   Heart size 90mm x 55mm © Neil Walker (cut out and mounted on cling cushioning)   Decay Alphabet lower case size A5 (cut out and mounted on cling cushioning)





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! I love how you created the background with the Distress Oxides 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a happy weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete