Sunday 28 January 2018

Masks and Stencils @ Tando

Hi folks and welcome to my blog post for Tando. This week the theme is 'masks and stencils'. 
Like every mixed media artist, I have a thing about stencils. Tando have a mega selection of stencils, of all themes and sizes. I chose a huge selection for this project.

Here is my creation...



I used the Kate Crane divided box (Ministry of Mixology kit - April 2017) Tando kit. I have had this a while but didn't know what I wanted to store in there... Until.... Enter the Tando Tags Mega Bundle!!!!



I love creating using the Tando Tags. Any size. And I always find myself searching for them. But now I don't have to!!! 

I first laid out all the pieces of the kit down flat and gave them a coat of white gesso on both sides.

I then raided my selection of Tando Stencils. I love stencils. How you can use the whole image, a corner or just the middle part to create a different look. 




I basically had no method to creating this box. I just went with it. I used a selection of colours from the DecoArt Premium paint range and continually added layers and layers colour with a different stencil until I was happy. 

I drew over some of the stencilled shapes with black and white Posca pens.



I wrote out a label on a piece of white card and added some ink to distress it. Then attached it to the box using brads.





I hope you like my version of the Kate Crane divided box. 
If you would like to leave me a comment please do so, I love to hear your thoughts.
Toodles for now,
Lisa xxx 


Here is everything I used... And are all available on the Tando website.

Tando 6 x 6 stencils
Harlequin
Criss cross grid
Grid round
Letters
Sequin waste

Tando 4 x 4 stencils
Distressed diamond
Hive

Tando 82mm x 144mm stencils
Bubbles
Dotstream
Textured hearts

Tando Kit
Kate Crane divided box (Ministry of Mixology kit - April 2017)

DecoArt Premium paint
Paynes Grey
Cobalt Blue
Green Gold
Cobalt Teal
Cobalt Turquoise

DecoArt Media
Black Gesso
White Gesso
Clear Modelling Paste


Harlequin Mask   Mask - Criss Cross Grid   Mask - Grid Round   Mask - Letters   Sequin Waste Mask 15cm x 15cm
Mini Mask - Distressed Diamond   Mini Mask - Hive     
Stencil: BUBBLES   Stencil: DOTSTREAM   Stencil: TEXTURED HEARTS
Ministry of Mixology Kate Crane Divided Box Kit April 17
Paynes Grey Premium     Cobalt Blue Premium   Green Gold Premium   Cobalt Teal Premium   Cobalt Turquoise Premium   Media: Black Gesso   Media: White Gesso

No comments:

Post a Comment