Sunday 14 January 2018

Faux Metal @ Tando

Hi folks and welcome to my blog post for Tando. This week we have been faking it, or rather faux-ing it! Faux metal is the theme. 

And here is my creation...


I used one of the tags from the Tando tags mega bundle and gave it a coat of DecoArt white Gesso.

I added a good thick layer of DecoArt Texture Sand paste around the edges of the tag and allowed it to dry. 



I painted the tag with the new DecoArt Americana Premium Acrylic Paints using Quinacridone Gold, Paynes Grey, Pyrrole Red, Cobalt Turquoise, Diarylide Yellow.



I stamped the Technique Tuesday Scritch Scratch stamp with Walnut Distress Oxide ink in random areas over the tag to add some texture.



I used one of the stamps from Andy Skinner's Unexplained stamp set and stamped it along the edge of the stamp with Walnut Stain Distress Oxide ink then over the top with Onyx Black Versafine ink. 



To finish, I wrapped so rusty coloured twine around the hole of the tag.



Here is everything I used...


UNEXPLAINED rubber stamp setQuinacridone Gold Premium    Paynes Grey Premium    Pyrrole Red Premium    Cobalt Turquoise Premium    Diarylide Yellow Premium   Image result for technique tuesday stamps scratch

Thanks for popping by my blog today, leave me a comment if you wish, I love to hear what you think.
Toodles for now,
Lisa x 


I would like to enter this creation in to the following challenges...
SASPC - Anything Goes
Craft Stamper - Take It Make It January Challenge 

5 comments:

  1. Wow,what a great texture project, amazing! Many thanks for sharing with us SanDee's and Amelies Steampunk Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous texture on this WOW!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What amazing texture. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete