Friday 22 July 2016

STAMPENDOUS BLOG HOP!!!

Hello folks and welcome to my contribution for the Stampendous Blog Hop!!!

If you have come to my blog first, welcome, but if you want to take part in the Blog Hop please visit the Tando Blog to start the Hop.


I wanted to do something exciting and huge for this blog hop so I chose the Tando Carrier Storage Unit to play with. 
From Stampendous, I chose Kaffee Klatsch stamp set and the Mish Mash stamp set designed by Nathalie Kalbach and some other lovely Stampendous goodies. 


Here is what I created...

Tando Carrier Storage Box

First, I wanted to add some texture. So out comes the crackle. We all love a bit of crackle... I gave the whole storage unit a good coating of DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Paints using really bright colours. I chose a mixture of Quinacridone Magenta, Naphthol Red Light, Cobalt Turquoise Hue and Cadmium Orange Hue, Primary Yellow and painted random patches of colour on to the unit. (These are the colours that would be seen in the cracks). I then applied a thick coat of DecoArt Weathered Wood and over the top, applied a coat of DecoArt Crackle Paint.

When it was dry I used Green Gold and Cobalt Turquoise Hue and painted areas to add more colour.
I used a selection of stamps from the two stamp sets and stamped over the box. I then added more Green Gold and Cobalt Turquoise Hue and continued stamping to add layers. I continued to do this until I had lots and lots of layers of painted sections then stamping and visa versa. 

I painted all the inside sections of the storage box with black paint to make the coloured front areas stand out more. 

I used some bits of the Andy Skinner Industrial Elements Bolts/Washer Sheet and the Tando Grab Bag of Screws to embellish and decorate the storage box.

I first glued all the bits I wanted together to build bigger embellishments. I painted all the embellishments with DecoArt Metallic Gold and used all the extra Stampendous goodies to make them sparkle, shine and add some gorgeous, amazing texture. 

I have dabbled with Stampendous Embossing Enamel and Frantage previously but it was a lonnngggggg time ago. But after playing with all these bits of Stampendous loveliness I am completely addicted!!! I love the texture and the really cool finish each product creates. I had so much fun decorating each embellishment. 

After I was happy with the finished embellishments, I arranged them on to the storage box.





























I am so happy with this creation and this is now proudly sat in my craft room. I thoroughly enjoyed every part of completing this project and Stampendous products are now definitely part of my daily crafting kit. 



Bits & Pieces I used...

Tando - Carrier Storage Box, Grab Bag of Screws, Andy Skinner Industrial Elements Bolts/Washer Sheet, 4 clocks - small.
Stampendous - Nathalie Kalbach Stamps, Aged Taupe Embossing Enamel, Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel, Aged Green Embossing Enamel, Bronze Frantage Jewel Kit, Tarnished Mica Fragments.


Carrier Storage Unit  Andy Skinner Industrial Elements Bolts/Washers sheet   Grab Bag of Screws   4 Clocks SmallKAFFEE KLATSCH rubber stamp setMISH MESH rubber stamp setFrantage Jewel Kit: BRONZE Mica Fragments: TARNISHED Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel Aged Green Embossing Enamel   Aged Taupe Embossing Enamel


Everything I have used to make my Tando Carrier Storage Box plus loads more are available on the Tando Website.


For other UK stockists you can visit WoodWare. If you are in Europe you can visit Pink Your Life.


***** To continue with the Blog Hop you need to visit Laura's Blog by clicking on her highlighted name ***** 


The Blog Hop starts at the Tando Blog with the first stop from there being the Stampendous Blog
If you get lost at any time, just pop back to the Tando post, all the links to the participants are listed there. 


*** If you follow the trail and comment on everyone's blog on the hop you will be entered in to a prize draw for a chance of winning one of three prize packages of fabulous Tando goodies ***




Thanks for popping along today,
hope to see you again soon.
Toodles, Lisa xxx 

21 comments:

  1. This is brilliant love your choice of colours and elements. This is one of the highlights of the week's hop. Zoe (Grimsby UK)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh love all the details, the crackle and frantage work well with the lovely colours you've chosen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I want this storage box!! You have done a wonderful job making this look old and lovely! I am a storage hound and love organizers of all shapes and sizes! The more organization there is the calmer I feel! Definitely need to add this to my wish list!!! TFS!
    Barb in VT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just fabulous. Love the color and all those textures. Love all that crackle!
    Becca from FL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely phenomenal!! I adore those colors and the wonderful texture you've added. What a great addition to your craft room!!!
    <3
    Janis in ID

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Lisa what an amazing job you have done with carrier storage box and you can use it after to store all your brushes etc. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the steampunk look.
    I should make something like
    this for my Stampin' classes.
    The ladies would love selecting
    tools and adhesives from something
    so grand.
    thanks for sharing.
    Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you altered this piece Lisa! The crackled finish is awesome and I love all the stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the whole thing Lisa, your colour combo is fab and love the rust effect and one useful holder !!

    hugs Diane xx ( UK )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! There's an amazing amount of texture on here and love all the elements you've incorporated - the effect is stunning!
    Fliss in the UK xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You created such great depth and color in this piece! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your storage box
    is awesome looking!
    Love the colors and
    the embellishments.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. Love your fantastic, creative project.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an awesome way to store things. Great colors and texture.
    Sue in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a very handy tote box! Gorgeous colors and details!
    Denise in CA

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic! Love those lush colours and all those rusty nuts and bolts . Sheffield UK

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is amazing! So much awesome detail, I can't even know where to begin. I love the colors you chose and how you paired it with the rust colors in the gears and bolts. Amazing work! Thank you for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete