Wednesday 20 July 2016

Stampendous and Tando

Hello folks. Well, today's post is a special one. 
This week, Tando have joined up with the wonderful Stampendous. 

Each member of the Tando team and the Stampendous team are posting projects throughout the week. Then on Friday we are joining together for a huge blog hop. Which comes with some amazing prizes.... Stay tuned for more details...


Back to today's post...

If you are a stampaholic like me or a crafter who enjoys a bit of experimental fun, you will of definitely heard of Stampendous. 

Here is my creation...

Tag (a)   &   Tag (b)

First, I took the mixed media tags from Tando, but why use one when you can use two?.... 
I started by adding some background layers to the tags, using torn cardboard and bits of ribbon and lace. 





Tag (a)

On tag (a) I took a selection of sizes from the Tando grab bag of stars and used the Tando mini mask - giraffe to add some pattern and texture using homemade texture paste.

I then added some small straight bunting.











Tag (b)
I did the same on tag (b) using the distressed diamonds mini mask and the circles grab bag then added one of the zips from the 2 set of zips pack. 

When everything was in place I added some colour using DecoArt Media Acrylic Paints. When the paint was dry, I dry brushed white acrylic paint over the top. 






On to the stamping.... on both tags, I used the Stampendous 'fashion dame' stamp set designed by Nathalie Kalbach
I used some subtle patterned paper to stamp the skirt and jacket then stamped the figure on to white card. After fussy cutting the figure, I put a wash of brown paint over the top to make it more subtle and blend in. I then fussy cut the skirt and jacket and added them to the figure. 








I made some picture frames from clear Ultra Thick Embossing Powder and a mould. I stamped the figure again on to white card and cut out the face of the figure to fit in to each frame. I again colour washed the frame image. 




I then took a selection of buttons and covered them with clear embossing ink. I covered them with Stampendous Shabby Green Embossing Enamel and heat embossed. I absolutely adore this stuff!!! It's just amazing! The result is stunning!!! 


To finish, I coloured some organza ribbon with the same green coloured DecoArt paint and tied it in a bow on both the tags. I then lightly heated the ribbon with the heat gun which makes it crinkly.








Tag (a) available at the Tando Website

Mini Mask - Giraffe    Grab Bag of Stars   Bunting Small Straight   Shabby Green Embossing Enamel


Tag (b) available at the Tando Website

Mini Mask - Distressed Diamond    Grab bag of Circles   Zips set of 2   Shabby Green Embossing Enamel



             



You will find many of the Stampendous products on the 
Tando Website including: 

Andy Skinner Stamps
Nathalie Kalbach Stamps
Embossing Enamels
Fragments
Frantage Kits
Spoonful of Kits
Stamp N Bond
Embossing Powder Techniques Book


If you can't find what you are looking for on the Tando Website, you can visit Woodware for stockists.

If you are in Europe you can find products at Pink Your Life


The Tando/Stampendous blog hop will take place this Friday.




There is a huge prize from Tando and Stampendous if you wish to take part in the blog hop.
So make sure you pop back on Friday.

Toodles for now,
Lisa xxx 














1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous hun, love all the texture going on, and the nice calm colours. xxx

    ReplyDelete