Sunday 3 July 2016

Recipe Week @ Tando

Goodly Morn' to you all. July is here!! 2016 is going so fast and before we know it that tree will be up again.... Lets hope we have an half decent summer first. Fingers crossed.

Back to the post... This weeks theme at Tando is 'recipe week'- use 1 embossing folder, 2 ribbons and 3 gems.

So, here is my creation...




I used the Tando Home Key Hanger Kit. This is a beautiful kit with three little 3D houses to build and decorate. You can have a lot of fun with this. 

I chose the colour palette to match my hall way (he he he), a teal blue and brown with gold touches. 

Firstly, I built and glued all the little houses without the roofs on. On each house I put a good, thick layer of home-made texture paste then stippled it to create more texture. When the texture paste was dry, I mixed some brown paint with white and added some mica powder to make it shimmer, then painted the houses. 





For the roof of each house, I embossed some thick card with an embossing folder, inked it, added some of the paint and a touch of gilding wax before attaching it to each house. 



I glued the scrolls and 'home sweet home' to the base board then used teal paint in the centre and used grey paint on both edges then dry brushed the colours together. 





I wanted to create a subtle texture on the base board but not over power the texture of houses. I stamped areas using Nathalie Kalbach Mish Mash stamp set from Stampendous with StazOn spiced chai.





I then added 3 pearl gems to the front of each of the houses. 
To finish, I added cream satin ribbon to hang the backboard and tided some blue organza ribbon round the cream ribbon knots. 




Bits and pieces... 
Available on the Tando Website


Home Key Hanger Kit    MISH MESH rubber stamp set


Thanks for popping by,
Lisa xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment