Sunday 7 August 2016

Colour Challenge @ Tando

Hi folks and welcome to the first blog post of August for Tando Creative
And I think summer has officially started this week - finally!!!
This week's theme is the colour challenge. And with summer here, August's colour palette is just fitting.

Here is my creation...



I decided to create a tag for this challenge. I chose a selection of Distress Inks to work with - Mermaid Lagoon, Picked Raspberry, Dried Marigold, Cracked Pistachio and Scattered Straw. 

I picked the Hot Air Balloons from Tando for this project as most people choose the summer time to travel and with the colour palette, I wanted to create a sunset background with balloons floating through the sky.

I randomly applied each chosen colour of ink to different areas of the tag making sure to blend the edges where the colours met. I then sprayed on water from approx 18", left it for a few seconds, then dabbed the water off with paper towels to create a mottled effect over the inking. 

I then covered the tag with clear embossing ink and heat embossed it with clear powder. I completed this method twice to create a nice smooth feel. 



I painted three of the hot air balloons with white Liquitex Gesso, then gave them a coat of DecoArt Crackle Paint. When the paint was dry, I applied three of the Distress Ink colours to the balloons. 

I then stamped the balloons with a travel ticket stamp from Lost Coast Designs using Smokey Grey Versafine Ink.


To finish, I adhered the balloons, the biggest towards the front of the tag, and added some ribbon and string at the top of the tag. 


If you would like to join in with this weeks challenge and to see some fabulous inspirational pieces from the Tando Creative Team, hop over to the Tando Website


Thanks for popping by,
Lisa x 

No comments:

Post a Comment