Monday 1 February 2016

Gift Bags @ Ellectic Ellapu

Hello and welcome to the first challenge of 2016 over at Eclectic Ellapu.
We have had a few weeks off to chill over Christmas but are back with the first of this years challenge. 
The theme is Make/decorate a gift bag.

Here is what I did...

decorated gift bag

I took a ready-made brown paper gift bag and dry brushed white gesso roughly over the front, back, sides and handles of the bag.

I took a piece of thick paper and screwed it up to put creases in it then covered it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and sprayed it with water. I randomly stamped it with a florish stamp and Versafine Vintage Sepia ink to create a subtle effect. Then adhered it to the front centre of the gift bag. 

vintage photo distress ink
flourish stamp

I used some lace ribbon layered with brown woven ribbon and stuck it along the bottom half of the inked card. I then arranged a floral embellishment with paper flowers, paper cord, leaves and an old chain.

lace ribbon

floral embellishment with paper flowers

I did the same at the top of the bag on the handle and added an organza ribbon bow.

organza ribbon

paper cord and chain

Check out the rest of the purple teams creations for this month's challenge. Hope to see you there.

Thanks for popping by,
toodles for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment