Saturday 20 February 2016

Trio of Hearts @ Tando

Hi folks, I've called this creation for this weeks 'anything goes' at Tando, 'Trio of Hearts'.



trio of hearts canvas
I started with a square canvas and added lots of layers to the blank canvas to create loads of texture. I used book pages, ribbon, beads, threads, cord, tissue... with DecoArt matte medium to stick everything down. Then painted over it with black gesso. 


crochet yarn to create texture

using book pages and tissue to create texture

I used the Tando Rustic Hearts and the two hearts from the Heart Cogs Mix. I first added a thick layer of DecoArt texture sand paste to the large cog hearts and let them dry. I then painted them using DecoArt Media paints and black gesso. 


DecoArt sand texture paste

texture...

texture...

texture...

I painted the rustic hearts with DecoArt crackle paint, thin in some areas then thicker in others. I then painted them with DecoArt Media paints. 


rustic hearts

layering

rustic hearts trio

media mister


I then sprayed the canvas and the rustic hearts with a couple of sprays of DecoArt white shimmer media mister. 

I stacked the rustic hearts on top of each other and placed all the hearts on the canvas. 


Here are the Tando products I used...available on the Tando Website.

Rustic Hearts    Heart Cogs Mix Large


trio of hearts canvas


Thanks for stopping by... 
Toodles for now, Lisa x

No comments:

Post a Comment