Monday 1 February 2016

Welcome to 2016 @ Altered Eclectics

Welcome to a new year and the first challenge of 2016 over at Altered Eclectics
We have had a few weeks off during Christmas but are back with another challenge.

So, the only rule at Altered Eclectics is, your entry must be an altered piece. And that's it. Nice and simple. You can enter anything you want, as long as it has been altered. 

Here is what I created....

Tando door hanger and cogs group mask

I used a chipboard door hanger and the cogs group mask from Tando.

I used DecoArt sand texture paste through the mask. When dry, I painted it with Quinacridone Magenta, Quinacridone Violet and Pyrrole Orange and painted the cogs with Green Gold and Metallic Gold.

gorgeous colours from DecoArt Media range

I added some DecoArt Liquid Glass to one of the cogs to give it a glaze. 

DecoArt liquid gloss

Then I painted in between the cogs with white gesso using a dry brush.

'AMAZE'

To finish, I stamped the word 'AMAZE' using the Crafters Companion Textures Stamp - Wonders of the World set 2.


Thanks for popping by, hope to see you over at the challenge.
There's a quick link at the top of my blog.
Toodles for now,
Lisa x

3 comments:

  1. A stunning door hanger,love the background colour,the embossed cogs really sets it off giving it a rich textured look...fabulous...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful door hanger, the colours are gorgeous.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning door hanger. Beautiful deep colours. Judy

    ReplyDelete